The Heart of Sound: Mantra ~ Nāda ~ Kīrtan ~ Bhakti Yoga
The world’s first yoga teacher training focused entirely on the transformational power of sound!
A 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training Course
Offered in INDIA, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN & HAWAII!
2018 Teacher Training Schedule
Module 1 is offered regularly in Japan.
- Trainees will learn how to create a conducive environment for students to explore the yoga of sound through mantra, chanting, vocal toning, and/or kirtan.
- Trainees will be able to offer knowledgeable guidance about mantra practice to students and support them to create a daily mantra meditation routine tailored to their unique needs.
- Trainees will read and accurately pronounce any Sanskrit word from its transliterated form, using the accurate mouth position.
- Trainees will be invited to use their own lives as a model for deep transformation. By applying the tools from this course, trainees will clearly see their own non-serving patterns and learn how to lovingly create patterns which more closely reflect their true nature. This will enable trainees to authentically share the same tools to inspire students.
- The training is completely non-dogmatic; we assert that anyone from any religious background (including atheist), can benefit from the yoga of sound. We use the universal sounds of Sanskrit, and the tones of Indian rāgas as our skill-sets, but all philosophical elements are discussed in their esoteric (non-religious) sense.
- Our emphasis is on the development of fundamental skills and authentic connection to sacred sound (not on memorization or rote, mechanical repetition). Trainees will have a solid foundation to continue to build a deeply skillful repertoire throughout their lifetimes.
No musical or mantra experience required… While basic musical literacy will be an asset to your learning, you need not be a master musician nor wish to become one!
The goal of the training is to provide you with tools to follow the pathway of sound to your inmost radiant Self and invite others to find their own direct connection. Anyone with a sincere desire to consistently access their true nature, and express it through their voice and life’s service, is WELCOME.
The subjects for each Module are outlined in Module 1 ~ Immersion in the Heart of Sound
and Module 2 ~ Sharing the Heart of Sound with Others.
See also Yoga Alliance Hours for a detailed breakdown of time spent on each area.
Sanskrit & Mantra Yoga
- The Origin of Mantra ~ From Silence to Sound
- A Non-Dogmatic History of Today’s Most Common Mantras
- Mantra for the Modern Yogī ~ Spiritual Disciplines for Integrated Transformation
- Falling in Love with Sanskrit ~ The Delightful Creative Play of Consciousness; Sanskrit from a Tantric Perspective
- The Body of Mantra ~ Mantra Puruṣa for Healing Physical & Energetic Levels
- Vedic Chanting ~ The Ancient Prescriptions
- Healing with Mantra ~ Elemental, Archetypal & Ayurvedic Approaches
- Ethics of Mantra ~ Sāttvic, Rājasic, Tāmasic Usage
- From Yearning to Praise ~ Chanting as Ecstatic Poetry
- Mantra Chanting Group Dynamics ~ Inviting Others into a Direct Experience of Sacred Sound
- Kirtan Chanting Group Dynamics ~ Inviting, Building, Peaking & Integrating a Call & Response Chanting Session
- Hindustani Classical Music Training ~ Exploring Rāga for Beginners
- Ayurveda & the Mind ~ Cultivating Thriving Balance
- Evolving your Karma ~ Create Space with the Yoga of Sound
- Compassionate Communication (NVC) ~ Disarm your Internal Battles and Connect More Skillfully with Others
How the Training Works
This 200-hour RYT course is offered in two 13-day modules which are taken anywhere from 1 week to 1 year apart. Each module is a residential retreat format, to provide the deepest immersion into the transformational container of our practices. The interim between modules will allow for integration and self-practice, preparing students to teach from their own authentic experience.
Module 1 & 2 are offered in India with a 1-week break between. Students who complete a special set of prerequisites and personal practices, and/or who have extensive experience in the subject areas, may apply to take the courses in short sequence.
Completion of the prerequisites is an essential part of our training plan, which enables us to spend our class time experiencing the practices! We can expand, synthesize, and offer real-life integration if everyone enters the course with common knowledge.
- For some Module 1 programs, you’ll receive a $108 rebate on your tuition when you hand in the reports at least 30 days before the training!
This is a training that truly teaches you how to teach! For inspiration, check out the trainee practicum examples and photos, and get a glimpse of what our Heart of Sound graduates are doing around the world!
For details on which topics are covered in each module, see below:
Module 1 Curriculum ~ Immersion in the Heart of Sound
Module 2 Curriculum ~ Sharing the Heart of Sound with Others
Also Check Out:
- The extensive list of Multi-Media Resources you receive to support your learning, teaching, and professional use of the skills you learn in the training.
- Ongoing Support system for learning, inspiration, collaboration amongst our international cohort of graduates.
LINKS OF INTEREST:
The India, Kaua’i, and Australia retreat trainings are hosted by the Heart of Sound, and you can find detailed information on those events by clicking the links on this webpage. The Tokyo trainings are hosted by other companies, and you may register for those events separately with the host.
Get Free Resources & Stay Connected!