Welcome to Mystical India
for Module 1 & 2 of the Heart of Sound!
Our Daily Schedule in the holy city of Rishikesh, India:
6:00AM – 8:30 AM ~ We will begin each day in our private sacred space with Nāda Yoga with tānpura, Hindustanī morning rāga singing, and Sanskrit Mantra Jāpa. Gentle stretching, self-massage, and body/nervous system/breath awareness practices to tune our vocal instruments are also a part of our morning practice, as needed.
3:00 PM – 3:45 PM ~ Praṇayama and gentle, integrative Yogāsana for Sound-Based Practices.
4:00PM – 6:00 PM ~ Integrative small group practices and study time
Some days will end with Bhakti Yoga ~ Kīrtan with Anandra, guest musicians, and student-led songs as inspired.
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM ~ OPTIONAL: Fire ceremony, Mahā Mṛtyunjaya Mantras, Hanumān Calīsa chanting, Bhajan singing, and Gangā ārti on the banks (Each evening there is public devotional chanting on the banks of Ganga, in the company of saints and hundreds of seekers from around the world! We will attend as a group twice, and those who wish may attend nightly.)
PILGRIMAGES and OUTINGS:
As part of our course time, a few group outings will be arranged to nearby holy places for ceremony, practice, and meditation. (The selection of time/place is influenced by the calendar of holy days, weather and the group’s needs.)
We will have two half-days off during each 13 day module for rest and integration.
In addition to several Teaching Assistants, during the Rishikesh courses, we’re honored to have Sudhanshu Sharma join us for instruction in Hindustanī vocal music. Anandra and Sudhanshu study with the same master teacher, Paṇḍit Baldev Raj Verma, and Sudhanshu is one of his senior most disciples. Guruji (Paṇḍit Baldev Raj Verma) is also very likely to join us in March 2019 for a few lessons!
Course Fee for India Retreat Programs:
- Training and course materials, including: a 280-page manual; properly transliterated Sanskrit mantra and kīrtan reference book; mantra Mp3’s; exclusive instructional pronunciation, musical, and technique training videos; extensive enrichment activities; business, branding, and marketing resources; and much more.
- Group excursions to local sacred sites, temples, caves, etc. around Rishikesh during the course.
- Online Group fee discount of $103 for one 40-day mantra group led by Anandra and/or Heart of Sound Teaching Assistant staff. You pay only $5 (instead of $108) for participation in an online mantra meditation group of your choice as part of your course requirements. See Schedule for upcoming offerings. See Prerequisites for course requirement details.
- Homework/Prerequisite fee of $108, which is refunded when you complete your prerequisites 30 days prior to the course. See Prerequisites and Instrument Ordering.
- Student/Teacher & Teaching Assistant ratio of not more than 10 to 1, to provide careful skill development and support throughout your training. (Often, the ratio is as low as 5 to 1.)
- Taxes to government authorities.
- Contribution to Perpetuate Indian Culture: A significant sum is donated to the āśram’s innovative educational and environmental charitable projects each year on behalf of Anandra and the Heart of Sound. In addition, if and when the course fees cover Heart of Sound event and annual expenses, Anandra donates the excess to 3 different educational institutions providing academic, musical, and cultural education to underpriviledged Indian children. Funds are earmarked especially for girls to benefit from life-changing opportunities to develop themselves into ambassadors of Indian spiritual heritage to the world. If you’d like to sponsor a child’s education through these reputable organizations for about $350 USD per year, please contact us.
Fee does not include:
- Transport to/from Rishikesh.
- Lodging before, during, or after the course. A block of ashram rooms has been reserved for the Heart of Sound students; See Rishikesh FAQ for a list of recommended hotels. *Rishikesh is very spread out and there is no public transportation to the area surrounding the ashram; please do not make an outside hotel booking without reading the FAQ thoroughly!
- Food at the plethora of nearby restaurants. For about $1 per meal you can eat the simple vegetarian food at the ashram canteen. For $2-5 per meal you can eat well at restaurants nearby. We provide guests with a list of recommended (and not recommend) restaurants nearby upon arrival. See Rishikesh FAQ for more details about room nights and food options.
- Optional instrument purchases for your use during and after the course. See Prerequisites and Instrument Ordering.
If you’re paying one module at a time: $2150
Paying for both modules in advance gives you significant discount: $4100
1. A $108 Homework Refund is available to ALL students who complete their prerequisites 30 days before the course begins!
2. Referral fees for promoting the course are available to registered students.
3. A discount of approximately $50 per Module for online bank transfer payments via Transferwise. USD, AUD, EUR & GBP are accepted by direct transfer.
4. Payment plans are also available.
5. Special pricing is available by request for Indian nationals; please inquire.
A $500 deposit is due whether you’re choosing a payment plan or if you qualify for special Indian national pricing. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Cancellation policy: Students will receive a 75% refund if requested 90 days or more before the course, and a 50% refund if requested after 90 days. No refunds will be issued less than 30 days in advance. Submission of your payment indicates your acceptance of the cancellation policy.
Step 1: Pay
Option 1: Paypal or Credit Card in USD.
Step 2: Apply
Click to fill in the detailed application form.
Or simply scroll to the bottom of this page!
(Note: if for some reason your application is not accepted, your payment will be refunded in full.)
See Rishikesh FAQ for travel advice on getting to/from India, Visa info, and detailed arrival schedule, packing list advice, an Amazon wish list for India travel, food, beggars, monkeys, and more FAQ, including Anandra’s “Holy Grail” of international travel hacks (so named by assistant teacher Stephanie Keiko Kong!)
When to arrive: Check in is mid-day March 16, 2019 and checkout is mid-day March 30, 2019 (14 nights total).
Learn more about Parmarth Niketan Ashram, the awesome traditional spiritual community where our training is held. We are blessed to have their full support and encouragement to lead kīrtans on the banks of Ganga! It’s very auspicious!
After a one week break for rest, study, and practice, Module 2 will be held in a private retreat outside of Uttarkashi in the higher Himalayas.
Detailed Rishikesh Registration Form
If you are not able to see the form below, visit this link: http://goo.gl/forms/QdaaFLih0K
You can edit your responses after submission (to update travel arrival/departure details, for instance).
Please SAVE the email receipt you’ll get after submitting this form, and use the link provided to EDIT it when you know your details.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance completing your registration. Thank you!