Welcome to Mystical India
for Module 1 & 2 of the Heart of Sound!
Our Daily Schedule in the holy city of Rishikesh, India:
6:00AM ~ 8:30 AM
Mantra Japa on the Ganga
Praṇayama and Yogāsana for Sound-Based Practices
Nāda Yoga with tānpura, vocal toning, and Hindustanī morning rāga singing
10:30 AM ~ 1:00 PM
Primary learning for the day.
(See Module 1 Curriculum Highlights, and Module 2 Curriculum Highlights)
3:00 PM ~ 6:00 PM
Indian Classical vocal training
Integrative small group practices and study time
Yin or Restorative yoga
Each day ends with Bhakti Yoga ~ Kīrtan with Anandra, guest musicians, and student-led songs as inspired.
6:30 PM ~ 7:30 PM
OPTIONAL: 108 Mahā Mṛtyunjaya Mantras, Hanumān Calīsa chanting, Bhajan singing, and Gangā ārti on the banks (Each evening there is public devotional chanting on the banks of Ganga, in the company of saints and hundreds of seekers from around the world! We will attend as a group twice, and those who wish may attend nightly.)
As part of our course time, 2-3 group pilgrimages will be arranged to nearby holy places for ceremony, practice, and meditation. (The selection of time/place is influenced by the calendar of holy days, weather and the group’s needs.)
We will have two half-days off during each 13 day module for rest and integration.
In addition to co-teacher Stephanie Keiko Kong, during the Rishikesh courses, we’re honored to have Sudhanshu Sharma join us for instruction in Hindustanī vocal music. Anandra and Sudhanshu study with the same master teacher, Paṇḍit Baldev Raj Verma, and Sudhanshu is one of his seniormost disciples. Guruji (Paṇḍit Baldev Raj Verma) is also very likely to join us in March 2018 for a few lessons!
Course Fee for India Retreat Programs:
*Be sure to sign up below for registration discounts!
- Training and course materials, including: a 300-page manual; properly transliterated Sanskrit mantra and kīrtan reference book; mantra Mp3’s; instructional pronunciation videos; extensive enrichment activities; business, branding, and marketing resources; and much more.
- 14 nights double or triple occupancy ashram lodging. (Single rooms are available for an additional fee.)
- Group excursions to local sacred sites, temples, caves, etc.
- Online course fee of $108 for one 40-day mantra group led by Anandra and/or Heart of Sound teaching staff.
- Homework/Prerequisite fee of $108, which is refunded when you complete your prerequisites 30 days prior to the course. See Prerequisites and Instrument Ordering.
- Indian Sales tax of 10%
Fee does not include:
1. Transport to/from Rishikesh (which can be arranged by our travel agent).
2. Room nights beyond the 14 included in the course.
3. Food, because most previous students preferred to eat in nearby restaurants. For about $1 per meal you can eat the simple vegetarian food at the ashram canteen. For $2-5 per meal you can eat well at restaurants nearby. We provide guests with a list of recommended (and not recommend) restaurants nearby upon arrival. See Rishikesh FAQ for more details about room nights and food options.
4. Optional instrument purchases. See Prerequisites and Instrument Ordering.
If you’re paying one module at a time:
The fee is $2095 if paid in full at time of registration.
Paying for both modules in advance gives you significant discount:
It’s $3595 if paid in full at the time of registration.
1. A $108 Homework Refund is available to ALL students who complete their prerequisites 30 days before the course begins!
2. Referral fees for promoting the course are available to registered students.
3. A discount of 2.5% is available if you can walk into a Citibank branch in the US and deposit directly to Anandra’s account.
3. Payment plans are also available; if a payment plan is required, there is a 5% admin charge.
4. Special pricing is available by request for Indian nationals; please inquire.
A $500 deposit is due whether you’re choosing a payment plan or if you qualify for special Indian national pricing. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Cancellation policy: Students will receive a 75% refund if requested 90 days or more before the course, and a 50% refund if requested after 90 days. No refunds will be issued less than 30 days in advance. Submission of your payment indicates your acceptance of the cancellation policy.
Step 1: Pay
Option 1: Paypal or Credit Card in USD.
Option 2: Bank transfer in equivalent Euros, AUD, or 28 currencies.
Visit Transferwise.com and check if your currency is supported, then contact us to arrange the transfer.
Step 2: Apply
Click to fill in the detailed application form.
Or simply scroll to the bottom of this page!
(Note: if for some reason your application is not accepted, your payment will be refunded in full.)
See Rishikesh FAQ for travel advice on getting to/from, Visa info, and detailed arrival schedule, packing list advice, an Amazon wish list for India travel, food, beggars, monkeys, and more FAQ, including Anandra’s “Holy Grail” of international travel hacks (so named by assistant teacher Stephanie Keiko Kong!)
When to arrive: Check in is mid-day March 24, 2018 and checkout is mid-day April 7th, 2018 (14 nights total).
Learn more about Parmarth Niketan Ashram, the awesome traditional spiritual community where our training is held. We are blessed to have their full support and encouragement to lead kīrtans on the banks of Ganga! It’s very auspicious!
After 1 week break for rest, study, and practice, Module 2 will be held in a private retreat outside of Uttarkashi in the higher Himalayas.
Detailed Rishikesh Registration Form
If you are not able to see the form below, visit this link: http://goo.gl/forms/QdaaFLih0K
You can edit your responses after submission (to update travel arrival/departure details, for instance).
Please SAVE the email receipt you’ll get after submitting this form, and use the link provided to EDIT it when you know your details.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance completing your registration. Thank you!