- At the beginner’s level, any mantra is often better than nothing. Initially, the mantra displaces your ordinary junk/fear/reactive thoughts, which is beneficial regardless of the mantra selection.
- The selection of mantras is a highly personal thing. Personal factors such as Ayurvedic type, mental tendency, religious affiliation, etc. cannot be considered if you’re learning mantra from the internet without a one-on-one conversation with the teacher.
- Sound vibration is powerful medicine. Without proper guidance from someone with experience facilitating the various stages of personal transformation with grace, you could experience energetic effects that are confusing and potentially exacerbate your problems.
- Critical pronunciation details cannot be properly conveyed. There are important distinctions between Sanskrit letters in most mantras which greatly vary the energetic effect you get from chanting. Sometimes, the effect is the exact opposite of what’s intended! This is especially important if you fall in love with chanting and decide to repeat your mantra hundreds of thousands of times.
- Anyone can start a youtube channel and teach mantras. You can, right now! Does that mean that they’re providing accurate, quality information? Of course not. In the free e-book I offer some guidelines about how to tell whether your mantra learning resource is likely to be accurate, because so many are not.
I do not include specific “mantras for this and that” in my internet articles, because just as you’d want to have some background knowledge of herbs or medicines before self-diagnosing and self-medicating, you’d want to have some knowledge of Sanskrit’s energetic qualities before self-diagnosing and prescribing mantra. This is why I offer courses and general articles and videos instead of specific internet advice. In other words, I prefer to “teach a man to fish” so he can eat forever, rather than “give a man a fish” so he can eat for a day.
Please download the e-book and other free resources on this website to learn more.