Anandra’s Bio Talking Points:
- Lived in ashrams in India for several years, at the personal invitation of some of India’s most revered spiritual leaders to sing and teach in their ashrams.
- Has taught Sanskrit mantra meditation with great transformational success to students from every continent, every major religion, and every major language family.
- Pioneered the world’s first 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher training course focused entirely on the transformational power of sound. (The curriculum includes very little of the stretchy kind of yoga, and focuses instead on Sanskrit, mantra, music, and communication. Sanskrit is the anatomy portion, for instance.)
- Studied mantra and philosophy both in India and with American teachers.
- Trains in Hindustani vocal music in Delhi with master teacher and top grade artist Pandit Baldev Raj Verma of the Indore Gharana.
- Performs and teaches at some of the world’s most famous yoga and sacred music festivals (Bhakti Fest (US), Yoga Fest Yokohama (Japan), and International Yoga Festival (India))
Anandra is a pioneer in the global yoga community, re-introducing the ancient practice of sound as a fundamental practice. She created the world’s first registered yoga teacher training based entirely on the transformational power of sound (including Sanskrit, mantra, Indian classical vocal meditation, and non-violent communication for everyday life). American by birth, Indian by soul, and global citizen by expression, she helps people transform their limiting belief systems and cultivate their most fulfilling contribution to the world.
She divides her time between India, Japan, and on Kaua’i island, Hawaii, and teaches mantra workshops and intensives worldwide. For more than 20 years, she’s been on “the path” and has been teaching and seeing private clients since 1999.
An internationally respected mantra teacher and sacred musician, she is frequently invited to teach and lead chanting/kīrtan at the world’s largest yoga festivals. Her students from online meditation groups, workshops, and teacher trainings speak highly about their experiences.
Anandra is dynamic, devotional, full of deep practical wisdom, rare-to-find details, and is seriously fun! She is from Hawaii, teaches frequently in Tokyo, and currently lives, sings, and teaches at an Indian ashram at the personal request of one of India’s most revered saints. After 20 years of practice and teaching, she created the world’s first 200-hour RYT focused entirely on the transformational power of sound.
Anandra teaches Sanskrit mantra and the yoga of sound to empower students to affect lasting transformation and find consistently deep inner peace. She has been practicing yoga and meditation for more than 20 years, and has been teaching and helping clients internationally since 1999. She is known for a teaching style that integrates esoteric philosophy with practical, daily life applications in a fresh, modern way.
Anandra teaches internationally and sees private clients by Skype. You might find her singing by the banks of the Ganges river in Rishikesh, doing silent mantra meditation on the Tokyo metro, or swimming with dolphins in Hawaii. Enjoy her free e-book and mantra meditation tips at www.truefreedomcoaching.com