Module 2 ~ April 16-29, 2018
We felt that doing Module 2 farther up into the mountains would be a welcome treat, and highly conducive to our teaching-focused training.
It’s quiet, and the clear blue skies and forest air are a sanctuary for the soul. When our Heart of Sound team visited in April 2017, we all fell in love and felt that it was like coming home… Module 2 in April 2018 will be our first time in a new location, but we’re sure you’re going to love it!
Summary: Arrive to Uttarkashi retreat house April 15th, 2018, and depart after 11 AM checkout April 30th.
In detail: We recommend that first-time visitors to the area arrive to Rishikesh 2-3 days before (April 12-13) to see the holy city and do some shopping for clothes, food, and souveniers. It’s really a charming place, and it’s a nice landing after long international travel. Also, there is nothing you’d want to buy in any of the villages past Rishikesh. (Unless you like super-spicy, salty chips and cheap knockoff branded clothing from China?) You may also arrange your own taxi directly from the Dehra Dun airport to our retreat house (5 hours), or from the Delhi airport (9-10 hours).
On April 15th, we’ll depart Rishikesh via shared taxi or Tempo Traveller (small bus) from Rishikesh at 8 in the morning, and take a leisurely drive through the mountain villages, fields, and forests. We’ll stop for chai, photos, and roadside scenery a few times, and about 6 hours later we’ll pull off the highway towards the glittering Ganga and enter the haven of our retreat house! We’ll be served a late lunch of local vegetable curry, fresh made breads, salad, and raita before we check into our rooms and have a rest for the remainder of the day. As soon as you reach there, you’ll realize it’s worth the drive!
Module 2 classes will be held April 16-29, starting at dawn and finishing around sunset. The schedule will be similar to our other trainings, with a few half-days off for group pilgrimages and nature experiences to be determined. With everyone staying in the same location and sharing meals together, we imagine it’ll be a much more restful, peaceful, focused experience than trainings where everyone has to get meals during the breaks and/or some stay off-campus.
During breaks, you are free to take several short hikes nearby to a bridge over the river, and once can continue further up along village trails and small mountain temples. You might see a solitary wandering Himalayan yogi doing oblations nearby, washing his long dreadlocks in the river. (We did!)
Valid through September 1 only, the super early bird price for Module 2 is $1795 USD! After September 1, it’ll be $1895.
- 14 nights of shared accommodation.
- 3 meals per day of elicious sāttvic local food, including gluten-free options made from local mountain black millet or corn. (Seriously, Anandra, Stephanie & a few students from 2017 stayed there after the training and we felt deeply nourished by the food!)
– Breakfast is porridge, fruit, and chai, or paranthas, idli, etc.
– Lunch is vegetable, dahl, rice, chapati, salad, and curd
– Afternoon chai and light snacks
– Dinner is a different vegetable, soup, salad, and sometimes a sweet
- Shared transport from Rishikesh on April 15th (8 AM departure)
Does NOT include:
- Transport back to the Dehra Dun airport or Rishikesh, or onward to a trekking destination can be arranged. For example, it’s about $75 for a private taxi to Dehra Dun (5 hours), or about the same to hire a car for an entire day or multiple days if you want to explore around. The mountains beyond Uttarkashi just get more and more incredibly beautiful, so we highly encourage you to extend your trip and take the chance!
- Transportation if you choose to travel a different route, or at a different time, than our shared transit from Rishikesh on the 15th.
- Accommodation beyond the 14th nights included in our reservation. The room price is 1600 RS per night, per room, and meals are about 400RS extra.
- Snacks, protein powders, superfoods, special teas, good coffee, etc. The food is delicious and simple, but you will probably want to bring a stash of your own yummies too. A wide variety is easily available in Rishikesh.
Super Early-bird Registration:
Step 1: Pay
After the training
Checkout is April 30th at 11 AM.
If you’d like to extend your reservation beyond our group time, contact Krishna.
It’s highly recommended to visit Gangotri, the small village and temple that celebrates the source of the Ganges. It’s a gorgeous day drive, and you can overnight in the village and go all the way back to Rishikesh or Dehra Dun in one day if you wish.
If you’re a hiker and want a sublime Himalayan adventure, take a few more days to continue further by foot to the actual source, the Gangotri glacier, and beyond that, to the stunning Tapovan high mountain meadow. Plan 4-5 days for the excursion round trip from Uttarkashi (and another 5 hours to Rishikesh or Dehra Dun airport from Uttarkashi.)