Heart of Sound in Paradise!
Kaua’i island, Hawai’i ~ August 29-September 10, 2018
The curriculum highlights, prerequisites, and 200-hour RYT FAQ are exactly the same as our Rishikesh, India programs. The course is designed as a teacher training in preparation for certification, but you may also attend it as an immersion retreat (for your own growth), or receive Yoga Alliance continuing education credits (100 hours). Join us for mantra, sanskrit, kīrtan, bhakti yoga, and nāda yoga in heaven on earth!
QUESTIONS? Check out our Kaua’i teacher training retreat FAQ page.
Here’s our daily schedule in pictures of the 2017 retreat. (But Kaua’i is even more beautiful than it looks!)
5:30 am ~ Self-serve coffee, chai, seasonal fruits and your choice of superfood kale smoothie or warm coconut banana protein shake.
6:00 – 7:30 am ~ nāda yoga as the sun rises, then yogāsana for the yoga of sound at the retreat house
7:30 – 9:00 am ~ To the beach for mantra japa meditation and Sanskrit alphabet meditation, followed by free time to walk, swim, meditate, and play in the sand. This time period is for our personal practice, which is enhanced by the pure impressions of Kauai’s beauty.
In case of rain, we may go to a powerful private cave temple for meditation instead of the beach. (Note: On Day 1, entire our morning practice will likely be at the retreat house.)
9:00 – 10:30 am
Back to the retreat for a delicious self-serve, praṇa-filled breakfast of fresh green coconuts, tangelo juice, exotic tropical fruits, organic yogurt, chia pudding and granola, etc.
10:30 am -1:30 pm ~ Primary lecture/learning for the day.
1:30 – 3:30 pm ~ Lunch is an organic vegetarian meal, based around local farmer’s market produce, prepared family-style. Most days we’ll have a big vibrant salad with lots of avocado, sprouts, grated vegetables and a choice of homemade dressings, accompanied by a simple whole grain (quinoa, brown rice, etc.), and a bean (garbanzo, black bean, etc.).
3:30 – 5:30 PM ~ Our afternoon class time alternates between structured practice and study time, yin or restorative yoga. On some days we’ll have study groups or yin yoga at the beach, or take a group trip to one of the island’s special sacred places. Some days we’ll simply rest. We’ll go with the flow of the weather and the group energy. (Fair warning: impromptu hula lessons ans dance parties may occur!)
6:00 – 6:45 pm ~ Most evenings, we’ll have kīrtan with Anandra and sometimes special guest musicians, or group-led kīrtans so you can try out your new skills on a super-supportive audience! (Kaua’i is home to some world-class musicians, like Amit Heri (Indian jazz guitar) pictured.)
7 pm ~ On several evenings, we’ll enjoy a light healing food dinner together at retreat, such as:
-gluten-free foccacia sandwiches and garlicky Okinawan sweet potato fries
-Basil macadamia nut pesto (gluten free) pasta with seasonal vegetables and (optional) goat cheese; local organic greens with balsamic vinaigrette
-Indian Grandma’s famous kitchaḍi, raita and papaḍ
-Authentic Japanese miso soup with vegetables and tofu and brown rice with fresh-ground gomasio
-Thai green curry with homemade coconut milk, seasonal Farmer’s Market vegetables, and jasmine rice flavored with lemongrass and star anise; local organic greens with mango cumin vinaigrette.
(On alternate evenings, you can either rest at the retreat and enjoy leftovers, or go out with friends to local restaurants.)
8:00 – 9:30 pm ~ Time to stargaze in the hot tub (ozone, non-chlorinated), lounge around and study with a friend on the cozy couches, practice a musical instrument in your room, or go for a night walk in the rural neighborhood.
10 pm ~ Lights out and a sweet sleep with the crickets (and the occasional rooster, the unofficial totem animal of Kaua’i!)
NOTE: All students will be assigned a small service task (10-15 minutes of housekeeping maintenance per day), and all students participating in meals will be assigned to 30-45 minutes of kitchen service per day such as prep or cleanup. You’ll sign up and be briefed during orientation on August 28th afternoon.
We’ll have at least two half-days off (afternoons), when a optional outings to lovely places on the island are suggested. You may also remain house at the retreat to rest, study, or receive massages. The days off are not set in advance. They will be planned 1-2 days in advance, to adjust for the group’s needs as well as weather fluctuations.
One day, we’ll depart for puja at the Hindu Monastery (9-1o:30am), and take a private tour of the magnificent Iraivan Temple (10:30-11:30am), then visit the sacred rudraksha grove on the temple grounds. We have a few special sacred surprises for you also, which cannot be published! 😉
Course Fees for Kaua’i August/September 2018 Program:
Tuition Fee of $1950 includes:
- Training and course materials, including a 200-page manual; properly transliterated Sanskrit mantra and kīrtan reference book; mantra Mp3’s; instructional pronunciation videos; extensive enrichment activities; business, branding, and marketing resources; and much more.
- Online course fee of $108 for one 40-day mantra group led by Anandra and/or Heart of Sound teaching staff. (If you’re unable to complete one before the course begins, you can take an online 40-day group after Module 1 ends.)
Retreat package of $1450 includes:
- 14 nights shared accommodation; check-in afternoon of August 28th, September 11th in the morning. Single rooms may be available for an additional fee.
- Meals as described above; morning tea, breakfast, and lunch from August 29th to September 10th, and 7 dinners throughout the course. (No meals will be provided August 28th. On September 11th morning, you’re welcome to eat whatever is left over! 😉 )
- Shared transport to/from the beach each morning, and to/from our group excursions and pilgrimage sites.
- We ask that everyone staying at the retreat contribute 30-45 minutes per day for meal preparation (cutting fruit and vegetables) and cleaning, in order to keep costs down.
Retreat Package fees do not include:
- Transport to/from Kaua’i island (Lihue airport code LIH). Try skyscanner.com to search for the best flights!
- Transport to/from the airport and the retreat site.
- Meals on 6 evenings.
- Module 2 training expenses. *If you already know you wish to attend Module 2 in April 2019 in Rishikesh, you may receive a significant discount by paying for both modules in advance. We’ll post the prices for Module 2 in 2019 in May/June of 2018; contact us if you’d like to pay the difference for Module 2 then in order to get the maximum discount.
The tuition fee $1950 + retreat package $1450 = $3400.
Need financial help?
1. Referral fees for promoting the course are available to registered students.
3. A discount of 2% is available if you can walk into a Citibank branch in the US and deposit directly to Anandra’s account.
3. Payment plans are also available!
Cancellation policy: Students will receive a 75% refund if requested 90 days or more before the course, and a 50% refund if requested after 90 days. No refunds will be issued less than 30 days in advance.
Earlybird policy: Paying the deposit locks in the earlybird price, so long as the remainder is paid within 60 days of the earlybird deadline.
Transfer policy: Up to 30 days before the course start date, you also may request to transfer your payment to a later course (if there is space available at the time of your request) for a $350 admin fee. The fee will be deducted from the tuition owed for the new course, and you’ll be responsible for the difference. Submission of your payment indicates your acceptance of the cancellation and transfer policy.
Step 1: Pay
Option 1: Paypal or Credit Card in USD.
Option 2: Bank transfer in USD, or equivalent Euros, AUD, or 28 currencies.
Visit Transferwise.com and check if your currency is supported, then contact us to arrange the transfer.
Step 2: Apply
Click to fill in the detailed Kauai application form.
(Note: if for some reason your application is not accepted, your payment will be refunded in full.)
QUESTIONS? Check out our Kaua’i teacher training retreat FAQ page.
See you soon, in paradise (inside and out!)
Check out more photos from previous Kauai mantra retreats with Anandra on Facebook!