Heart of Sound in Germany!
Module 1 ~ Jul 9 – Jul 21, 2019
The curriculum highlights, prerequisites, and 200-hour RYT FAQ are exactly the same as our Rishikesh, India programs. The course is designed as a teacher training in preparation for certification, but you may also attend Module 1 as an immersion retreat (for your own growth), or receive Yoga Alliance continuing education credits (100 hours). Join us for mantra, Sanskrit, kīrtan, bhakti yoga, and nāda yoga in beautiful German summertime! For more info specifically about this training in Germany, please read through the FAQs
Check out this great video (mostly in German) of Yoga Vidya House Shanti, the beautiful ashram we are invited to do our German Teacher Training in 2019!
Please take note: If you are staying at the ashram, you must arrive and check in on Monday, July 8th because we start early on the 9th!
Our Daily Schedule at Yoga Vidya Ashram in Horn Bad-Meinberg:
7:00AM – 8:30 AM ~ We will begin each day in our yoga hall space with Nāda Yoga with tānpura, vocal toning, and Hindustanī morning rāga singing as well as our group Mantra Japa
8:30 AM – 10:30 AM ~ Enjoy a nourishing breakfast at the ashram and time to take a walk around the lovely grounds, do your own yogāsana / exercise routine, or study
10:30 AM – 1:00 PM ~ Primary learning for the day.
(See Module 1 Curriculum Highlights)
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM ~ Organic vegetarian lunch at the ashram and time to rest and integrate
3:00 PM – 6:00 PM ~ Praṇayama and Yogāsana for Sound-Based Practices (45 minutes)
~ Integrative small group practices and study time (1-2 hours)
~ Some days will end with Bhakti Yoga Kīrtan with Anandra, Teaching Assistants, and student-led songs as inspired.
6:00 PM Enjoy another organic vegetarian meal together at the ashram and then REST for another joyful day of practice and learning.
PILGRIMAGES and OUTINGS:
As part of our course time, a group outing might be arranged to nearby holy places for ceremony, practice, and meditation. (The selection of time/place is influenced by the calendar of holidays, weather and the group’s needs.)
We will have two half-days off during each 13 day module for rest and integration, and you might even enjoy to book an Ayurvedic treatment or massage
Room and Board is paid directly to the Yoga Vidya House Shanti Ashram and is not included in the tuition of the course
Course Fee for Tuition for Germany Retreat Programs:
We have been invited to facilitate this training, therefore the German host is accepting applications and handling all formalities.
Email our German hosts email@example.com for the cost of tuition!
- Training and course materials, including: a 200-page manual; properly transliterated Sanskrit mantra and kīrtan reference book; mantra Mp3’s; exclusive instructional pronunciation, musical, and technique training videos; extensive enrichment activities; business, branding, and marketing resources; and much more.
- Online Group fee discount of $103 for one 40-day mantra group led by Anandra and/or Heart of Sound Teaching Assistant staff. You pay only $5 (instead of $108) for participation in an online mantra meditation group of your choice as part of your course requirements. See Schedule for upcoming offerings. See Prerequisites for course requirement details.
- Student/Teacher & Teaching Assistant ratio of not more than 10 to 1, to provide careful skill development and support throughout your training. (Often, the ratio is as low as 5 to 1.)
- Taxes to government authorities.
- Contribution to Perpetuate Indian Culture: If and when the course fees cover Heart of Sound event and annual expenses, Anandra donates the excess to 3 different educational institutions providing academic, musical, and cultural education to underprivileged Indian children. Funds are earmarked especially for girls to benefit from life-changing opportunities to develop themselves into ambassadors of Indian spiritual heritage to the world. If you’d like to sponsor a child’s education through these reputable organizations for about $350 USD per year, please contact us.
Fee does not include:
- Transport to/from Seminar House Shanti in Horn Bad-Meinberg, Germany.
- Lodging before, during, or after the course. A block of ashram rooms has been reserved for the Heart of Sound students for check in on July 8th; There are Single, Double and 4-Bed Rooms set aside for our students, so you just need to decide what type of room you would like and then you can email the ashram directly at Gastgruppen@yoga-vidya.de or call +49 5234 2332 to reserve your space. It is IMPORTANT that you say you are a part of the Heart of Sound Teacher Training with Anandra George. You will also need to submit: full name, physical address and mailing address when you contact ashram for your reservation.
- Food is part of your lodging expense. After your receipt of payment and upon your arrival to the ashram, you will be fed dinner the first night of July 8th, three meals a day for the following 13 days and then breakfast on the last day of check out, July 22.
- Childcare is available at Yoga Vidya. Please contact them directly to find out more details on availability and pricing by either emailing Gastgruppen@yoga-vidya.de or call +49 5234 2332
Cancellation policy: Students will receive a 75% refund if requested 90 days or more before the course, and a 50% refund if requested after 90 days. No refunds will be issued less than 30 days in advance. Submission of your payment indicates your acceptance of the cancellation policy.
*We are also offering a Scholarship for Module 1 in Germany 2019. If you would like to apply, please completely read the form and fill it out accordingly.
How to Register:
Step 1: Apply:
It is important that you fill out the form on the link below!
Step 2: Pay:
To pay in full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions.
In your email, please include your full name and that you are applying for the Heart of Sound TT and someone will get back to you very soon with instructions for a bank deposit.